Today’s TMI Saturday seems to go in one of two directions: aesthetic design or evocative reads. (And of course, lots of BuzzFeed.) Hope you enjoy them as much as I did this week!
- Buzzfeed says it best: these bookstore ads “capture the magic of reading”. They’re enchanting.
- These awesome film & TV poster inspired Save the Dates have gone viral lately, but the best part is that I have friends who know them! Fun fact: the couple’s actual invite was a DVD case!
- So, this isn’t as timely as it would’ve been in say…May, but this cool visualization of the plot of “The Great Gatsby” is simply cool. Keep doing what you do, designers!
- In that note, if you work best at a coffee shop but as also broke as a joke, check out Coffitivity! It plays “cafe noises” to help you be productive. I haven’t tried it yet, but will soon! I wonder if it has a “include pretentious hipsters talking” background option.
- This dying dad has his last first dance with his daughter…Guys, I can’t even. When you watch it, you don’t think you’re going to cry…wrong.
(Okay, you need a break from crying.)
- For years, everyone says I’d be in Hufflepuff, which just made me unreasonably mad! I think I understand now, though…and it’s not so bad! From Buzzfeed, here’s a list of reasons why Hufflepuff actually rocks!
- THIS IS THE BEST VIDEO I HAVE EVER SEEN. You don’t even need to know what it is, just trust me.
Feel more things.
- The latest viral Christian/marriage post is the sharply titled “My Husband is Not My Soul Mate.” What do you think of it? (Remember, read with a grain of salt, as the author didn’t intend for such a giant audience of readers.)
- This made me SO angry: Sojourners has an incredible series of posts about sexual violence in the Church & this post about “masculine Christianity” takes the cake. Powerful stuff: “[Rape] is not about short skirts…It’s about fear of powerlessness. It’s a crisis of masculinity and social control.”
- To combat the anger, check out Rachel Held Evan’s insightful examination of anger versus bitterness, “Why I can’t stay angry.”